You have to find new and innovative ways to learn the GRE vocabulary list. Agreed that there is nothing innovative about solving these filler sentences with the most appropriate words, but it is amongst the best ways to remember the GRE vocabulary words.
1. Many educators believe that bilingual education has proved to have definite ___ education in any one tongue.
a) Correlation with
b) Limitations on
c) Advantages over
d) Connections for
2. Language, culture and personality may be considered independently of each other in thought but they are ____ in fact.
3. The people of Europe came to India ___ for riches followed quickly by the desire to rule.
4. The orator was so soporific that the audience became ____ .
5. You may wonder how the expert on fossil remains is able to trace descent through teeth which seem ___ pegs upon which to hang whole ancestries.
6. The columnist was very gentle when he mentioned his friends, but he was bitter and even ____ when he discussed people who irritated him.
7. With the few exception, explorers now are not individuals setting out alone or in pairs to some remote destinations, instead member of ___ often international undertaking.
a) A singular
b) A private
c) An insular
d) A collaborative
8. The ____ successfully repelled every ___ on the city.
a) Defenders – commitment
b) Citizens – onslaught
c) Thieves – robbery
d) Judge - criticism
9. He was ___ very clever, but he ___ performed excellently.
a) Certainly – obviously
b) Never – also
c) Not – always
d) Rarely – seldom
10. A ___ analysis of these substances will show that they differ ___
a) Random – minutely
b) Detailed – essentially
c) Careful – completely
d) Final – structurally
Take another vocab quiz that will familiarize you with rather tough sounding GRE words.
Answers: 1 (c), 2 (c), 3 (c), 4 (b), 5 (b), 6 ( a), 7 (d), 8 (d), 9 (c), 10 (c)